If I could, I would buy a share of Purely Elizabeth’s granola because it is one my (many) cruxes. Have any of you tried it? It’s somehow buttery, spicey, and oh so addicting. Which is why I’ve tried to step back and figure out how to make my own favorite granola. I’ve seen many recipes around the internet but all that I’ve tried aren’t quite spot-on. So I got into the kitchen and tried my hand at granola. Not gonna lie, I may have burned a batch and made my apartment smell bad for the rest of the day. All for the price of some wonderful granola. After trial and error, I have come up with a soul-warming absolutely delicious granola!
Soul-warming granola that's oil-free and will become a staple in your pantry.
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup crispy brown rice cereal
- 1/4 cup of whatever dry ingredients you love, PE typically has seeds (nuts, seeds, cereal, coconut, quinoa, buckwheat, etc.)
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (+1 more tablespoon for extra clusters)
- Optional: 1/3 cup almond butter--this replicates that buttery taste
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Step 2 Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Step 3 Stir to evenly coat all the dry ingredients.
- Step 4 Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Step 5 Press it into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Step 6 Bake for 10 mins at 375F until the edges are just starting to brown. Do not stir it.
- Step 7 Remove from the oven. Let it cool for at least 30 mins before stirring or moving or touching.
- Step 8 Then break apart into chunks.
- Step 9 Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
What add-ins do you love in your granola? I’m a fan of seeds and lots of cinnamon. Ginger can also be a great add-in, as well. Hope you enjoy!