Sometimes a hot summer day calls for a crisp, cool salad. Now, we’re not talking about any salad because this one is slightly indulgent. This combines crispy chickpeas, fresh kale and tomatoes, vegan parmesan and always creamy caesar dressing.
You can use the greens of your liking, but I suggest kale because of how well it absorbs the dressing when you let it refrigerate. Additionally, Biolife parmesan and Daiya caesar dressing (or homemade) pair the best together. The sharpness of the parmesan with the tangy, saltiness of the chickpeas and dressing really knock this salad out of the park.
This is such a great quick lunch option, meal prep, or a side dish for dinner. It comes together in under 15 minutes and requires little to no prep. I’ve even subbed bac’n bits (did you know they’re vegan and made from textured veggie protein??) for the chickpeas when under a time crunch.
It’s really only a matter of throwing some ingredients together and thoroughly massaging the kale to let it absorb the creamy dressing! What’s your favorite salad go-to? Which dressing do you always have to have on hand? Let me know in the comments!
5 Ingredient Caesar Salad
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup halved tomatoes
- 1/2 grated non-dairy parmesan cheese
- 1/2-1 cup non-dairy caesar dressing
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400F
- Step 2 Rinse and drain 1 can of chickpeas
- Step 3 Toss chickpeas in salt, pepper, paprika and lemon juice
- Step 4 Spread evenly onto baking sheet
- Step 5 Cook for 10-15 minutes
- Step 6 Combine ingredients and coat evenly in dressing
- Step 7 *Recommend refrigerating for 10+ minutes to let kale absorb dressing