Who doesn’t love pasta? Even if it’s as simple as buttered pasta, it’s delicious, comforting, and soul-warming. I always remember my mom making me the best-buttered pasta whenever I was sick as a kid.
But, since we’re all grown-ups here cooking with alcohol is always a great option. Especially when you can pour a glass for yourself while you’re cooking. When I did eat meat, I was never a fan of it anywhere near my pasta dish, let alone in meatball form. However, beefless crumbles and the Chardonnay really add something to this dish. It is exploding with flavor, so comforting on a cold day, and oh-so-satisfying! It should always be noted that everything can be adjusted to your liking in this recipe. You may want to use whole wheat pasta, add more garlic, sub a veggie, or omit the white wine.
I’ve added other veggies in this as well such as peppers and that seemed to work well, especially when they’ve been roasted in olive oil and sea salt. The Ninja Foodi really speeds everything up and you can have this done in as little as a half hour! I’ve struggled with cooking the pasta because sometimes the Foodi doesn’t like the lack of liquid in the sauce, but you can always cook the pasta separately and add it in once the sauce is done. Additionally, I highly recommend pairing this with a good chunk of a baguette toasted and topped with some EarthBalance and garlic salt. You’ll thank me later!
Be sure to share your creations with the hashtag #messyvegan and let me know your thoughts! Don’t forget the garlic bread!
- 1 jar of pasta sauce (I recommend basil tomato)
- 1 12 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2-1 cup of vegetable stock (depending on your instant pot)
- 1 package of vegan ground beef crumbles
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 2-3 tsp of finely diced garlic
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, finely diced
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp chardonnay or white wine of choice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Step 1 Using Ninja Foodi: Set sauté to medium
- Step 2 Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes
- Step 3 Pour in the full jar of pasta sauce, vegetable stock, chardonnay, vinegar, and crushed tomatoes
- Step 4 Add in package of beefless crumbles and cook till it is separated and no longer frozen
- Step 5 Add in pasta
- Step 6 Set instant pot to low
- Step 7 Seal and cook for 3 mins
- Step 8 Depending on pasta and instant pot used, it may need less or more time
- Step 9 Add spinach and let it cook on the keep warm setting
- Step 10 Enjoy!