Chickpeas are incredibly versatile and can be adapted into many recipes. I know what you’re thinking…chickpeas in cookie dough? But really, you can’t tell what the base is for this recipe, at all.
My favorite protein powder flavor to pair with this is Vega’s salted caramel. It really makes this taste as if you’re eating the real thing. This was always my favorite post-class snack when I’d get back at night after a long day. It felt indulgent but the protein from the chickpeas and protein powder made it much more satisfying.
All you’ll need is a few ingredients, 6 actually, and you can be eating an entire bowl of cookie dough in under ten minutes.
- Peanut butter
- Maple syrup
- Protein powder
- Chocolate chips
This is going to be a staple in your weekly routine because it is just that good. I’ve seen this becoming a trendy recipe with different variations but I have yet to see one that includes protein powder. In my opinion, that’s what makes this recipe work well and taste like dessert. It really adds a punch of flavor whether that be caramel, chocolate, or vanilla. Have you ever made a dessert from chickpeas? Let me know what your favorite sneaky ingredient is!
Chickpea Protein Cookie Dough
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- Step 1 Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, into a blender
- Step 2 Blend until almost completely smooth
- Step 3 Add chocolate chips and blend until they are incorporated and broken up
- Step 4 Serve and add more sweetener as needed