As I have recently started a new job, I have been trying to find quick ways to meal prep and easily transport my meals! One of my favorite combos is a black bean, avocado, corn, and pico de gallo salad with fresh lime juice and sweet potato fries. The sweetness paired with the acidity and heat is a delicious pairing. Also, it’s easy to pack and carry with you to work or school. I’ve even swapped the fries for a potato and chosen to stuff it! Either way, it’s a great go-to meal that’s nutritious and delicious!
Another option would be to swap the pico de gallo for your own salsa! I’ve used mango habanero, chili lime, and even added hot sauce. My current favorite option for hot sauce is from a Detroit-based company called Wang Sauce. They make small batches and their branding is so cute! I’ve found myself topping off many of my meals with their mango habanero sauce.
Mexican Sweet Potato Fries
An easy, quick, portable, and nourishing meal for lunch or dinner!
- 1/2 avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup of black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup corn
- Roasted sweet potato or sweet potato fries
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 390 to cook sweet potato fries (or microwave a sweet potato if choosing to make a stuffed potato)
- Step 2 While oven heats, rinse can of black beans
- Step 3 Cook fries for 20-30 minutes
- Step 4 Prep rest of ingredients in a bowl
- Step 5 After cooking arrange fries as a base then top off with ingredients
- Step 6 Squeeze lime juice and salt and pepper as needed
What’s your favorite topping and go-to lunch? Let me know in the comments below!