There are many protein blondie recipes out there that start with a can of chickpeas. While I am a fan of chickpeas, especially for recipes such as protein cookie dough, sometimes you just want a denser yet still healthier blondie.
I know that protein powder is not for everybody and that whole foods are a better go-to. However, I am a shake fanatic. I love having a thick protein shake filled with frozen bananas, greens, peanut butter, and more. It’s great after a hot workout or if I need to run out the door. I’ve recently switched my protein powder of choice due Orgain upsetting my stomach and have found that Vega (shout out to the salted caramel flavor) as well as Ghost not only tastes fantastic but is easier to digest.
These blondies use Ghost pancake batter protein which, in my opinion, tastes like cake batter. It works so unbelievably well in this recipe and these blondies will melt in your mouth. It wouldn’t be a blondie recipe without chocolate chips. You can always omit them, but really chocolate makes everything better, doesn’t it?
This recipe is also very customizable. While protein powder can dry out the batter–some may need more or less liquid–you can switch out which powder, flour, sugar, and nut butter you use. I have made this recipe with whole wheat flour before and that works just as well, but the oats really help make this denser and more blondie-like.
What’s your fave protein powder flavor? Do you like baking with it?
Cake Batter Protein Blondies
- ½ cups oat flour
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop (20g) ghost pancake batter protein powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup peanut or almond butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350F
- Step 2 Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper
- Step 3 In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients together
- Step 4 Add vanilla, milk, and peanut butter, chocolate chips and whisk together (batter should be sticky)
- Step 5 Transfer to pan and spread evenly
- Step 6 Bake for 25 mins till edges are brown or until you can pull a toothpick out clean