The weather has been humid day after day continually reaching the 90s. It’s hard to want any heavy meals when it’s crazy hot. As you’ve probably seen on my Instagram feed, I’ve been switching between different smoothie bowl combos for lunch daily.
Chia seed pudding packs a nutritional punch with omegas and protein. They add texture to the mix and work so well as a base for this parfait.
The key to layering is having a thick smoothie, so thick that you need a spoon! That’s why using frozen bananas and raspberries are key to this. You could also sneak in some veggies to really up the nutrition.
Layering a seasonal berry smoothie between sweet chia seed pudding is not only Instagram-worthy, but a nutritious way to reap benefits. Along with providing fiber for days, (11 grams per ounce, which provides 42 percent of your recommended daily intake) chia seeds are one of the easiest ways to incorporate more whole foods into your diet.
Layered Raspberry Smoothie & Vanilla Chia Pudding Pots
- For the pudding:
- 3-4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- For the smoothie:
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 date
- Step 1 Prepare the chia seed pudding first
- Step 2 Whisk together the ingredients and refrigerate overnight (or 2 hours if in a bind)
- Step 3 Spoon ingredients into the bottom of the jar
- Step 4 Blend smoothie ingredients together, adjusting liquid as needed
- Step 5 Spoon on top and serve