This recipe came about, as many do, from experimenting with a variety of flavors. I wanted something nutritious but packed with flavor and filling. While I don’t have a grill in my apartment, I opted for a panini press which gives the same results in a quicker amount of time. Be sure to press–or buy sprouted tofu–the tofu for long enough to ensure it absorbs more of the flavor.
The marinade is possibly the best part other than the dressing that pulls it all together. The flavors of the marinade are really great for a summertime dinner or when you’re having a grill out!
You should let the tofu rest in the marinade for at least 30 minutes, but overnight would really let the spices and sauce come through.
My absolute favorite thing about my Ninja Foodi is that I can enjoy roasted sweet potatoes and oil-free fries any time I want! It also makes for quick cooking at the ease of a button.
To add some variety, I peeled half of a cucumber and carrot which rested on top of a bed of greens. My personal favorite for salads is a spring mix, but you can use any that you like! Then I piled on the tofu and sweet potatoes and topped it off with Briana’s Homestyle Poppyseed Dressing, my absolute favorite dressing at the moment. Hope you enjoy this quick recipe!
Sweet Potato & Tofu Bowls
- For the grilled tofu:
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp soy or tamari sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- For the sweet potatoes:
- 1-2 sweet potatoes
- Oil as needed
- Seasoning of choice (or none)
- For the salad:
- 1/2 of a shredded carrot
- 1/2 of a shredded cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup (or more) greens of choice (I recommend spring mix!)
- Step 1 For the marinade:
- Step 2 Combine and season to taste
- Step 3 Whisk and set aside
- Step 4 For the tofu:
- Step 5 Press tofu for ten minutes
- Step 6 Slice into long strips
- Step 7 Set into bowl with marinade for at least 20-30 mins
- Step 8 Using a grill or panini press, grill for 5-10 mins until grill marks show
- Step 9 For the sweet potatoes:
- Step 10 Cut into wedges or strips
- Step 11 Salt or season as needed
- Step 12 Using an air fryer (or oven preheated to 400) place them in a row
- Step 13 Fry/roast for 15 minutes or until desired texture
- Step 14 Assemble:
- Step 15 Layer the bowl starting with the greens, then veggies, and finally tofu and sweet potatoes
- Step 16 Highly recommend choosing a poppyseed dressing (such as Brianas Homestyle Poppyseed)
- Step 17 Enjoy!