Overnight Apple Pie Oats
April 4, 2018
: 8 hr
- 1/2 cup oats of choice
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1tsp apple pie seasoning (more or less depending on taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped apples (+ water)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp oats
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Step 1 Place the chopped apple into a medium, microwave safe bowl and fill with water until the apples are JUST covered.
- Step 2 Cover with a lid (or a plate) and microwave for 2 minutes, or until the apples are tender and begin to soften.
- Step 3 Drain the water and add in the maple syrup. Cover the bowl again and microwave an additional 2-3 minutes until the apples are soft and the syrup has absorbed into the apples.
- Step 4 Using a fork mash the apples, but leave them a little bit chunky for texture.
- Step 5 In a medium bowl, mix the oatmeal and cinnamon together. Add in the almond milk and apple sauce and stir until well combined.
- Step 6 Divide the oatmeal mixture between the two cups and refrigerate overnight.
- Step 7 To make the crumbs:
- Step 8 Mix together the almond flour, oatmeal and coconut sugar in a small bowl.
- Step 9 Spread the mixture onto a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds. It will not be crunchy yet.
- Step 10 Place into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to harden (I just make mine at the same time I make the oats and let them sit overnight.)
- Step 11 The next morning, add the crumbs and enjoy!